For 2019 we are full, sorry, but do visit and get to know us.
2019 Location - 4:45 & C
Vines Without Borders
If you camp with us you camp for the whole week - no part weekers, it disrupts the group coming together and its a pain in my ass during the middle of my vacation.
We have two core principles: Everybody Participates and No Centers of Attention.
Vines Without Borders will take some heavy lifting to get orchestrated, setup, run, and torn dow
If you want to join us you are committing to the following:
1) You want to contribute to the wine lounge experience
2) You will help around camp, especially with MOOP
3) You will show up on time and joyfully do your work duty
4) You will be a happy soul
5) You will welcome people into our camp
6) You will keep a sunny disposition and reserve your personal, downer crap for some place outside of camp
7) You will keep the kitchen area clean for fuck sake
We use Facebook to communicate via the Vines Without Borders Facebook Group.
A crew of us will arrive on maybe Friday for setup.
Every day we will need four sets of people to do the following:
1) MOOP Duty (two people daily) Sweep the site for MOOP, clean the bar area, bring the cans to the recycle place, and handle the trash. Pour half drunk wine and beer into the bucket. This is to be done in the morning.
2) BAR PREP (two people daily) Get ice fort the camp, put wine into coolers. Clean bar area, fill gas into generators, start generators and turn on the lights at sunset. Get the music going.
3) RUN THE BAR AT NIGHT (three people daily) Host the guest!!!. Pour the wine, check IDs, watch the generators and refill as needed. No guest are allowed serve wine, keep guest from going behind the bar, no giving of bottles to guests, no dancing on the bar. Really, really important - CHECK IDs, watch for underage kids hanging out to get booze.
4) SOBER PATROL (two people daily) Walk the camp to keep order. Be the point of contact to get a Ranger/Police if needed. Be vigilant about skeevy people. Make sure nobody is pissing behind the RVs, keep the creeps off the women. Lastly, put the booze safely away at the end of the night.
THE BURN - SATURDAY
We all gather at 5pm on Saturday for the burn for a group photo. Then, we do an all hands MOOP sweep. Then, eat dinner and clean up the kitchen area. After that we all walk together to the burn. After the burn, we open the bar for its final night.
On Sunday morning at 9am we start the tear down of the shade structure and bar and rest of the camp. We need all those who are still in camp to help. So, if you are one of the tenters, plan on being up then and not having the shade for Sunday or Monday. Take down shade structure and pack up the bar. Final MOOP sweep.